As far as our safety policy, ESC supports the principles set forth by the Sumitomo group:
- Realizing accident-free worksites and creating comfortable working environments
- Maintaining and improving Compliance
- Promoting employees' physical and mental healthcare
As a result of striving to create the safest work environment possible with a focus on continuous improvement, ESC has been accepted by the North Carolina Department of Labor, OSHA Division as a SHARP Site. Furthermore, OSHA has awarded ESC with two non consecutive 1 Million Man Hour Without a Lost Time Injury awards, one Two Million Man Hour Without a Lost Time Injury award, and five consecutive Gold awards for outstanding safety performance.
It is clear that ESC's commitment to Safety and the Environment makes us a good partner for an individual or a business.
Engineered Sintered Components (ESC) is committed to the protection of its most valuable resource – its Employees. We will work as partners with our community and our employees to ensure that:
- We protect our employees’ health & safety;
- We comply with applicable legal requirements and our own Occupational Health & Safety Management System;
- We continually improve our Occupational Health & Safety Management System through proactive employee involvement.
We will encourage employees to be aware and actively care for their activities and decisions that impact health & safety on the job and off the job. We will keep our operations safe and promote personal responsibility for Occupational Health and Safety.
“Be Aware — Actively Care”